Want to know our #1 pick? Here’s the best iPhone data recovery software in 2021:
Tenorshare UltData — Tenorshare Ultdata is the best iPhone data recovery software money can buy. It recovers data directly from your iOS device, supports over 35+ file types, and restores all data no matter how you lost it.
When preparing to tackle the large task of recovering lost or deleted iPhone files, there are only two solutions to this problem: install a backup or use an iPhone data recovery program. While the former appears like a great way to prevent potential data loss in the future, it’s unlikely you have an up-to-date version of the apps, photos, or other data on your computer.
Since life is unexpected, and you may drop your phone or accidentally delete essential photos, forget a passcode or have your iPhone unfortunately stolen. If any of these is the case and you have a usable backup, you can use a third-party iPhone data recovery software to quickly and efficiently get back lost iPhone data.
While researching the following software, I noticed that many iOS data recovery reviews weren’t as straightforward and knowledgeable as I would have liked. That’s why I used metrics like security, quality, compatibility, usability, and support to weigh in on the best iPhone data recovery software on the market. Let’s take a look.
Here’s a Short Summary of the Best iPhone Data Recovery (1-Minute Read)
- Tenorshare UltData — #1 best iPhone data recovery software of 2021.
- iMobie PhoneRescue — An all-in-one software that recovers iPhone data, repairs your iOS system, and removes passwords and passcodes.
- Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone — 3 comprehensive software versions allow you to customize your plan to fit you and your company’s needs.
- iMyFone D-Back — The Smart Recovery Option makes an already easy-to-use tool even more user-friendly.
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery) — A powerful software that isn’t very user-friendly at first glance.
- EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS — Incredibly simple to use but lacks many file options that would make this software great.
1. Tenorshare UltData – Best iPhone Recovery Software in 2021
Tenorshare UltData is a handy and reliable iPhone data recovery software capable of finding multiple deleted files on your iOS device quickly. Thanks to UltData, you never have to worry about losing a single byte ever again. No matter how you lose your data, UltData will recover it from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
You can preview lost data with the trial version, but the tool used to recover over 35+ file types must be purchased. To use the software, simply install the file with one click and open UltData. Here you’ll find a user-friendly interface with Recover Data from iOS Devices conveniently labeled in a massive blue box.
From there, Tenorshare UltData will scan your iOS device for lost data and will let you preview all data before recovering. Click the individual file type within the System Data or select all by clicking beside the file type(s) you wish to recover. You can also double click to see a picture at full size.
Tenorshare UltData also comes with the ability to recover data from an iTunes or iCloud backup, and the software comes equipped with a feature to fix all iOS system data without data loss. The time it takes to recover your data varies on the file type and the amount lost, but I found that it can range from 2 to 40 minutes if you need to retrieve a large amount.
Tenorshare UltData has 3 different plan options, and they all come with the entire software features. A 1-month license will cost $39.95, while a lifetime license will cost you $59.95.
- 100% Recovery Regardless of Reason: Whether you lost important data due to an update, a factory reset, or jailbreak, UltData will successfully recover any piece of data you may have lost in a straightforward manner.
- Supports 35+ File Types: UltData supports the recovery of over 35 file types, including but not limited to messages, contacts, photos, videos, contacts, call history, and your calendar in a few minutes or more, depending on the number of files.
- More Than Just a Data Recovery Software: While this iPhone data recovery is useful and powerful, UltData packages other features such as an iOS system fix, which can fix the iOS system before data recovery to ensure success.
- Strong Compatibility: If you need an iDevice that requires fixing, Tenorshare UltData will likely work on that iOS. Compatibility includes iPhone 12 to iPhone 4, All iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro, and all iPod Touch versions. You can download UltData with a Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP system or macOS 10.10 & later.
With such a well-organized and easy-to-understand interface, you’ll have an easy time recovering deleted iPhone data effortlessly.
2. iMobie PhoneRescue – All-in-one iPhone Recovery Tool
Based on custom-designed technologies, iMobie PhoneRescue will be a major iPhone recovery tool. It helps to rescue you from any iOS disasters that could pertain to your data. Whether you’ve lost your contacts, messages, photos, or any other essential files, PhoneRescue will rescue your iDevices in a straightforward, secure, and efficient way.
Upon the start-up screen, PhoneRescue will prompt you in your preferred language. There are 7 to choose from, including English, German, Spanish, French, Arabic, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese. The software will then offer some tips on giving your iDevice the best chance of recovering your data safely.
Browsing the wide variety of features such as recovering your data from an iOS device, backup, or the ability to repair the iOS system or remove a passcode. However, to recover your iPhone data, you’ll need to purchase a license for 1 year for $49.99 on one computer or for a lifetime at $59.99.
PhoneRescue gives you access to all deleted content on your iPhone and the freedom to pick and choose which files you want to recover. Just select the Recover from iOS Device option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Recovers Lost Data in Multiple Scenarios: PhoneRescue will recover that lost data through the use of a backup regardless if the screen is cracked, the device is damaged, or you accidentally deleted a large amount of data.
- Multiple Data Recovery Options: iMobie PhoneRescue can recover 14 types of data files on your iPhone, including photos, messages, contacts, call history, voicemail, iBooks, Safari data, notes, and more.
- An All-In-One Software: You will find more use out of this software than just using it for iOS data recovery. PhoneRescue will also recover data from iTunes or iCloud. A device rescuer is included with purchase, which will allow you to repair iOS systems and remove all passwords and passcodes.
- Available on Almost Everything: You can download PhoneRescue on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10, and macOS 10.8 or newer. Works with iOS 5 or later, iPhone 5 or later, and all iPad or iPod series. No matter what device you have, iMobie PhoneRescue will do the trick.
iMobie PhoneRescue has one of the best money-back guarantees at 60-days, a 24/7/365 customer support service line, and is often rated as one of the best iPhone recovery software on multiple iPhone data recovery reviews – including our own!
3. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone – the Most Efficient DIY iPhone Recovery Software
One of the most efficient DIY software to recover deleted data on the internet, Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone, can recover lost data from various iDevices, iCloud, and iTunes no matter how you lost the data. Stellar Data products are the most tested, most awarded, and most recognized software by experts for over 25 years.
Select from 5 different languages on start-up and accept all of the licensing agreements. Before you know it, Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone will boot up. You’ll notice straight away that the interface defaults you to Recover from iPhone and will ask you to choose from a list of multiple file types. You can also recover from an iTunes or iCloud Backup from the side menu.
The 3-step-recovery process is simple yet effective. After choosing the type of data to recover, click Next, and the scanning process will begin. You can then choose between all deleted files on your iDevice to save. Although you can download the software for free, to actually save and recover any data, you’ll need to purchase one of three plans.
Standard will let you recover deleted data from iPhone, iPad, iCloud, and iTunes for the low price of $39.99 per year. If you want to erase iPhone data permanently, opt for the Toolkit Plan at $49.99 a year. Toolkit Plus ($149.99 per year) supports 50 iPhones for a lower price when comparing the extra features, but the Standard version can also operate on 50 devices for $99.99.
- Works Regardless of Your Scenario: There are multiple reasons why you have lost your precious data, but Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone will bypass scenarios such as deletion, iOS crash, jailbreak, and water damage to recover your files.
- Over 10 Files Types are Recoverable: Choose from photos, contacts, videos, text messages, voice memos, and more from an extensive list of deleted files and data. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone also restores messages and attachments from social media apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Viber.
- 3 Comprehensive Software Versions: For $39.99, this software will recover deleted data from the iPad and iPhone. You likely won’t need to delete your iPhone data permanently, but if you do, the Toolkit Plan will ensure your iDevice is as empty as it was when you originally bought it. Finally, Toolkit Plus will be helpful for businesses that want all features and wish to delete a maximum of 50 devices on one license.
- Storage Devices and Compatibility: Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone supports iPhone 4 to 12, all iPad & iPod touch variants, as well as recovers from iTunes & iCloud backups. This software works with most modern Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP) and Mac (OS X 10.8 and above) operating systems.
With over 3 million customers and hundreds of awards, you’ll be happy to find that this software will continue to be just as good as it was years ago upon its initial release.
4. iMyFone D-Back – The Easiest iPhone Data Recovery Software
Has your data been deleted? iMyFone D-Back can help you take full control of your data at any time, anywhere, with a series of simple tools. It helps you make the best choice in different scenarios and makes the process hassle and worry-free. You won’t lose out on security with iMyFone D-Back as the company ensures 100% protection of your data.
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery has an easy-to-understand interface and gives you relevant information on the differences between the trial and paid version. The trail will allow you to scan your iOS device, iTunes and iCloud backup, and preview the data. If you want to recover the data or fix iOS issues, you’ll need to buy a registration code.
The first option you’ll see on the sidebar is the Smart Recovery tab. If you click it, the software will ask you how you lost your data after clicking Start. Selecting both Lost or deleted data by accident and iPhone locked by a forgotten passcode & others will direct you to Recover iOS Device. The other three selections will take you to the other options on the sidebar.
After choosing to recover your iPhone data, the software will prompt you to select from the types you want to recover. Save all data you want to keep. All plans have the same features, but you have the option to choose between a 1-month, 1-year, and lifetime plan. The 1-month plan is the most cost-effective at $39.95 per year, while the lifetime plan gives you the option to recover data on up to 5 iOS devices.
- Quickly Restores Data in a Few Clicks: D-Back’s 3-step process doesn’t care about how your data got deleted – it just wants to help you get it back. Have you misplaced your iPhone, locked yourself out, or damaged/bricked the device? No problem!
- Unlocks Third-Party Apps and More: Your messages, call history, contacts, photos, and more are all recoverable, but if you’re looking to see your old deleted social media messages, iMyFone D-Back can recover from LINE, QQ, WhatsApp, and more.
- Smart Recovery Option Makes This Software Simple: The Smart Recovery tab found on the upper left side of the software asks you how you lost your data. With one click, iMyFone D-Back guides you to the most effective way to restore your files.
- Broad Support on Almost all iOS Devices: There’s a recovery solution for all iOS devices from iPhone 4 to iPhone 12 and all iPods and iPads. Works on macOS 10.9 to 10.15 and Windows 10/8/7.
Upon purchasing iMyFone D-Back, you’ll receive one-to-one customer service assistance, free lifetime updates, and an incredible piece of iPhone recovery software.
5. Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery) – The Most Powerful iOS Toolkit
No matter what you lost, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery) will find and recover it, and every piece of data will find its way back to you. It doesn’t matter if your iOS device has water damage, a broken screen, or the system crashed; you’ll always get back your lost data efficiently, safely, and quickly.
Opening up Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery) may be confusing initially because the software shows multiple different options on start-up, but just find the Data Recovery option highlighted in green located in the upper left part of the screen to start.
Once you’re on the Data Recovery screen, finding out what to do becomes pretty straightforward. Choose the Recover iOS Data button, and pick from three options: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup file, or iCloud synced file. After connecting your device, you can manually select which files you wish to recover and save on the paid version.
Dr.Fone separates its pricing tree depending on which software you want within the downloaded version. You can choose the whole iOS Toolkit at $99.95 for a year or select the cheaper option of Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS) at $59.95 for a year.
Besides the complexity compared to other software, Dr.Fone is still incredibly fast at recovering data. Dr.Fone also has an excellent customer service instant chat system if you’re confused about how the software works.
- Complicated Interface but Powerful: While start-up will be confusing at first, once you navigate the software and understand all of the options available, you’ll be able to recover your iPhone data quickly with 3 different recovery modes.
- Recovers a Wide Variety of File Types: Recovers contacts, messages & attachments, call history, notes & attachments, calendar, reminder, Safari’s bookmark directly from the iPhone and photos, video, app’s photos, app’s video, app’s documents, voice memos, and voicemail from iTunes/iCloud backups.
- A Lot to be Discovered: The Dr.Fone interface is the truest all-in-one software there is. If you have a mobile problem, Dr.Fone likely has a toolkit that can fix it as long as you pay for it.
- Incredible Tech Specs: Works on iOS 14, iOS 13, 12/12.3, iOS 11, iOS 10.3, iOS 10, iOS 9 and former, Windows XP and higher, and Mac computers 12 to 10.8. Dr.Fone is also compatible with iPads, and the iPod Touch.
With over 15 years of data recovery expertise, you can expect nothing but a successful user experience from Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery).
6. EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS – The Most Straightforward iOS Recovery Software
EaseUS MobiSaver likes to think that simplicity is the best way to create software, so much so that they put their customers’ needs first. MobiSaver can quickly recover iPhone data of different types such as videos, photos, contacts, messages, and more in 2 – 40 minutes, depending on the amount of data you’re recovering.
International users will be happy to find that EaseUS MobiSaver supports nine different languages, including German, French, and Mandarin Chinese. After accepting the license agreement, you’ll be awarded with a user-friendly interface that asks you which recovery mode to use: with an iOS device, iTunes, or through iCloud.
After connecting your iDevice, EaseUS will scan your iPhone, filter the scanned results, preview, and recover deleted data. You won’t be able to recover anything unless you purchase a paid version of the product. The monthly paid version at $59.95 is the most cost-effective, but you save long term if you opt for the annual or lifetime upgrade.
Due to how straightforward the software is, there isn’t much to say about it, both positive and negative. Although EaseUS MobiSaver is responsive, it lacks the recovery support of many popular messaging apps like LINE and QQ. However, it still can recover WhatsApp, Kik, messages, and your call history.
Regardless of some of its negatives, EaseUS MobiSaver has a very supportive customer service chat coupled with live chat. I found that they were responsive to all of my questions and clarified inquiries related to the software’s features.
- Accesses Data on Broken, Damaged, or Locked: EaseUS ensures that you’ll have access to your lost data quickly and effectively even if you accidentally deleted important photos, are a victim of a virus attack, or have had to factory reset the device.
- Able to Recover Most Popular Data Formats: While MobiSaver may be lacking in more niche data types, you’ll still be able to recover photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, voice memos, Safari bookmarks, and WhatsApp chat histories.
- One of the Simplest Interfaces Available: If you’re in a rush or don’t feel like going through multiple windows of text, you’ll love MobiSaver. This software gets right down to business by starting up on the Recover from iOS Device page and guides you through the interface with simple instructions.
- Technical Specifications Are Fantastic: One of the best reasons to get this iPhone recovery software is its usability on iPhone 3GS. If you have a newer iPhone, this software will work on all other iDevices, including iPads, iPod Touch, and will work with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and macOS 10.15 Catalina/10.14/10.13/10.12, etc.
You won’t find it more comfortable to use the software on any other iPhone data recovery review list on the internet. EaseUS MobiSaver is genuinely for anyone, regardless of age or computer literacy.
Comparison of the iPhone Data Recovery Software Reviews in 2021
|iPhone Data Recovery Software||Windows and Mac?||Easy of Use||File Types||Price||iPhone Compatibility|
|Tenorshare UltData||Windows and Mac||Easy||35+||$39.95+||iPhone 4 or Higher|
|iMobie PhoneRescue||Windows and Mac||Easy||14+||$49.99+||iPhone 5 or Higher|
|Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone||Windows and Mac||Easy||21+||$39.99+||iPhone 4 or Higher|
|iMyFone D-Back||Windows and Mac||Very-Easy||18+||$39.95+||iPhone 4 or Higher|
|Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iPhone Data Recovery)||Windows and Mac||Medium||10+||$59.95+||iPhone 4 or Higher|
|EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS||Windows and Mac||Very-Easy||12+||$59.95+||iPhone 3GS or Higher|
How We Tested and Picked the iPhone Data Recovery Software Reviews in 2021
Choosing from a wide variety of options is no easy task, which is why I carefully looked through each of the highest-ranked software I could find based on five categories: security, quality, compatibility, usability, and support.
While it can be challenging to use standardized data metrics because some factors hold more weight than others, we tried to level them as equally as possible.
- Security: It’s essential that the iOS recovery software you download doesn’t contain any malware or viruses. I first downloaded the installation file for each software then ran it through an antivirus program to check for any malicious processes or foreign bodies. Once we confirmed they were clean and free from things like spyware, I installed it on both the Windows 10 operating system and macOS Catalina for review.
- Quality: The quality of software has to be run by multiple metrics to ensure it’s the best possible program. Regardless of what standard we have, all of the best iPhone data recovery software has to tackle all forms of data loss correctly, whether self-inflicted or accidental. A great program will have 3 recovery options: direct scan, recover from iCloud backup, and extract iTunes backup. I also looked at the type and amount of file types it supports.
- Compatibility: I was surprised to find that EaseUS MobiSaver for iOS was compatible with iPhones as old as 3GS, but the rest of these programs can handle iOS data recovery from the iPhone 4, 5, and higher. Since the program needs to run on the computer, I checked for both a Windows and Mac operating system version, which all of the recovery software on this list are compatible with.
- Usability: User experience is significant because not all of us are programmers that can troubleshoot complicated software. I tested usability based on my human instincts: would I be able to figure this interface out with little or minimal help? Except for Dr.Fone, which was slightly more complicated than the rest, all of the data recovery programs on this list were easy to understand and had an excellent customer service staff that could help if I was stuck.
- Support: A software that isn’t well supported likely doesn’t have a good customer service staff and will run the risk of the program being infected by viruses. I checked to make sure there was a recent update that detailed what the developers fixed or added. I also took note of their customer service staff, how they helped me, and how competent the FAQ section was. I was happy to see that all my questions were answered promptly and that all of the programs on this list received frequent updates.
FAQs for iPhone Data Recovery Software Reviews in 2021
🖥️ Can you see the preview of the data before recovering them?
Yes. It’s common for iPhone data recovery software to show a preview of the data you want to recover before recovering it. This applies to photos, text messages, videos, and more. From my own experience, I haven’t found a paid recovery software that doesn’t issue a preview, and none of the ones on this list make your files invisible.
If you don’t want to go through your data to recover it manually, most data recovery software will let you select a file type. For example, you can pick from photos, videos, or text messages without having to choose from a detailed list.
🔒 Is it possible to recover permanently deleted data?
When you delete a photo, text message, or video from your iPhone, it isn’t permanently deleted. There is still a chance to recover your data unless it has been overwritten by something else. If you’re unsure if an iPhone data recovery will find your lost file, you can download a free version of any of the programs on this list to see if the software can find that lost file. Then, you can pay for the full version to retrieve that piece of data.
❓ How far back can I recover deleted data?
As a positive, unless you’ve permanently deleted your files, you’ll still be able to recover them in most circumstances. iPhone recovery software can go back years, even if the phone is generally unresponsive or broken. You won’t have to worry about how long ago you’ve deleted the data in most cases.
⌛ How long will it take to recover my data?
iPhone recovery software generally has a similar recovery time. However, the time it takes to recover your data depends on how big the files are, the file type, and how many files you’re attempting to recover at a time. Therefore, it’s difficult to give an accurate time frame, but most of your files can be recovered in seconds.
It’s scary to think that once you’ve deleted your photos, videos, or text messages that they’re lost forever. Thankfully that’s not the case. With the help of these useful iPhone data recovery software, you’ll be able to view old memories again in less than an hour. You can also rest easy knowing that if your iPhone breaks or locks up, it’s still possible to locate and recover what you need from your phone quickly, effectively, and at a small cost.